Tuesday 26 August 2008

Long time no blog....

....Well, it's been ages since I last posted, loads of stuff has been going on here so I've not had too much free time lately!!

My step-son (Alistair) and his girlfriend (Mel) are expecting a baby boy at the end of October so we have been moving things around a bit. The room that acted as craft room/spare bedroom/general dumping ground is being used for Alistair so he can have a cot and other baby stuff in there and the smallest bedroom (which used to be Alistair's) has been decorated this weekend and is becoming my dedicated craft room - it's not a big room but at long last I won't have to share a room with everyone elses rubbish!!

We went to Ikea to pick up a unit and desk - minus the trestle legs - but that's a whole other story; briefly they said they were in stock but only at the collection centre so we could pick them up from there when we went to collect the unit - when we got there they didn't have any and said that the main store staff should have asked for a physical stock check!!! The general outcome being that when they come back in stock we are having a couple delivered for free (the usual delivery would have been £45!!!!!) so for the time being I have a desk top but no legs to put it on :S

Of course, I HAD to get some other bits and bobs while I was there too.........I did..........didn't I???

I'll take a couple of pics as I make progress in the room and post them on here - that will give me a bit of incentive to get it sorted ASAP!!

No comments: